Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ida...They really need to name hurricaines with a little more Pizazze


the AP article is embedded in the title.
It seems as if Ida is closer than most people think. Estimates say that as near as Tuesday the hurricane could be hitting Florida and other Southern states. I'm very glad I've never been in a hurricane or even near one because seeing/feeling those quick winds and water coming at you doesn't sound too appealing. I'm glad in Louisiana that they are in a state of emergency which will hopefully help the people get clear of the weather. More states need to follow Louisiana's example so they can be safe from the harms of the weather. The hurricane being sighted is almost like watching some exotic bird, or at least that's how the article makes it sound like because the hurricane travels fast as it picks up more speed. I was also surprised to learn that many Louisiana and Mississippi residents are still in state issued trailers after hurricane Katrina.
Now more importantly, whoever names a Hurricane needs to call it something a little more scary. like come on, Ida? How about Hurricane Lance or Hurricane Voldemort? That would strike a little more appropriate fear.

4 comments:

Franklin Wu said...

Well, they classify hurricanes alphabetically, so the next one will begin with J..

SethXY said...

that is true. However, they still pick really inadequate names in my opinion. Ida? Really?

Serena said...

This post is so interesting! Makes me really ponder over Hurricane names after reading this.

Colin Yan said...

Well i think it would be tough to find other more creative names. I think it would be easier for names like "Ida" to be chosen. I agree, it does make me wonder over hurricane names, too.