Sunday, November 8, 2009

Really? It has Jake Gyllenhaal in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNaJABeWAU
This link is for the movie coming out in May called Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time. Back in the day when I had a Gameboy I played the game which the movie was based on. Sadly, I never beat the game but at least now I'll be able to know the ending. Anyways, When I think of this dagger-wielding badass of the game, I do not think of Gyllenhaal. I'd prefer maybe Jason Statham or Hugh Jackman. Jake is simply too much of a wimp for this role. I guess the fact that Disney is making the movie probably influenced how they picked a watered down hero. Oh well, I'm still going to see the movie because A) the commercial looked awesome B) I haven't seen a movie like this in way too long and C) maybe I'm prejudging Gyllenhaal too much.

4 comments:

Joe Seiden said...

When I think of the Prince of Persia, I think of a persian man. Not a white boy like Gyllenhaal. Or Statham or Jackson, for that matter.

The new Kevin (a.k.a Kevin Kwan) said...

I find it funny how most people like Persia, but hate Iran.

But then again, I never played that game before, so I wouldn't know.

SethXY said...

Joe: I agree with you except there aren't many Persian men in the world seeing as Persia no longer exists.
Kevin:Modern day Iran is Persia so you can almost like them the same amount but then again, It's all about the brand name so to speak.

The new Kevin (a.k.a Kevin Kwan) said...

Don't worry, Seth, I already knew that.