Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cough Candy Gone Sexual?!

Here is the link.

Once again, here's another watchdog news. Halls Refresh cough candy commercial is found to be sexual more than "wacky." What's disturbing is the age difference between the two roommates, a mid aged lady and a school kid. Also, when you go further into the commercial, the lady's son sees this interaction. Ew, disgusting.

Also, I have gotten all of my articles from the same source - AOL.com.

Recently, we watched a video stating how FOX news isn't really a news channel anymore because of the excessive analysis and rants. Well, it seems like I found another source that we cannot really trust to present the whole picture. Some positive news would be great.

10 comments:

Jebsen M said...

I don't even understand the commercial. How does that actually promote the product in any way? Personally, I'd be deterred from a product that advertises like that.

Yoda Yee said...

The idea around this is that the impossible can happen when you pop in a Halls cough candy. This explains the inappropriate age difference between the roommates.

SethXY said...

Yoda is completely right. I think it was just a playful commercial that meant no controversy. But then again, Halls is probably selling like hotcakes now.

Georgia Thomas said...

i actually thought the comercial was funny...like the article said--if they wanted a sexual commerical they would have a hot cougar mom and a studly roommate..

Joe Seiden said...

I hardly thought the commercial deserved the kind of rant that it received. It was just kind of...odd.

Victor H. said...

Hahahaha...my mom actually told me about this commercial the other day.

But yea, I agree with Seth. This commercial was probably intended to be playful rather than inappropriate.

Serena said...

This post is so interesting and makes me laugh. I agree with Seth, this commercial was probably intended to be playful and actually meant no controversy.

Lily said...

What about kids taking smarties and crushing them into powder and use them as smoking instruments.. I think that's a bit worse.

devin_yan said...

This commercial was quite funny, i dont think hals intended to explain the product, but rather to attract buyers through its funny commerical.

Katrina said...

The commercial seemed pretty harmless, yet odd... as what Joseph said. I thought it was pretty comical as well but I guess I can see how it can be disturbing to other people.