Monday, January 11, 2010

Sarah Palin to become Fox News Commentator

Sarah Palin, former Vice Presidential Candidate, has signed a deal with Fox News. She will be appearing on Fox as a political commentator, joining other well known "Republican-turned-TV talking heads" like Mike Huckabee and Karl Rove.

This, according to political analysts, implies that she will not be running for the Presidency in 2012. Democrats seem to be rather sad about this, because they know that Obama would not lose to Palin.

I'm not really sure what to say about this one. Considering Palin's credibility among the intellectual communities, Fox may be hurting itself. Then again, this is a terrific example of Narrowcasting. It would certainly appeal to the rather large Fundamentalist portion of the country, but who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

5 comments:

Jodi Miller said...

wow Sam, I was just writing about this story too. Good thing I check the blog before posting. Anyway, I saw this and immediately thought it was a total joke.

Sam Kennedy said...

That's what I thought! But it seems to be legitimate.

Andrew said...

I read the title and I produced no reaction. Stupidity such as this is to be expected from this person. I REFUSE to recognize this person by their name. I'm ultimately disappointed with Fox News, however. They're really stepping over the lines with Hannity already. Now, they're really just destroying their reputation. The conservatives are in a huge mess as it is, and this shall be an example of further desperation.

Katie Jensen said...

Sarah Palin is my absolute favorite person in the entire world. You only really gain insight into a person when you portray them for a whole day. whoo! Halloween 2008!

But all sarcasm aside, I agree: here is just another ridiculous example of the lovely narrowcasting provided by the Fox News!

To anyone who hasn't seen it, I STRONGLY recommend the 60 minutes piece done on Sarah Palin this last Sunday. Hilarious yet scary...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=rR6DO035X2pubzrMzMcMicM2eNxW7dDm&vs=homepage&play=true

Also, I'm 60 pages into her "autobiography"...

-Katie Jensen

Georgia Thomas said...

I feel like this is a good move for FOX since they will probably get a lot more viewers. A lot of people really like her, and a lot of people really dislike her--but even more people will want to watch just b/c she is so controversial.