Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Beautiful Panorama

I found this on nytimes as I was reading up on President Obama's State of the Union Address. For people who have slow computers, its not recommended for you to click the link (title). This was taken to show the whole scene with the people up top and President Obama, Madame Speaker and Vice President Biden sitting on the bottom. You can all so see the three different sections in the lower areas with what I believe is the Congress. You can see the expressions on people's faces especially behind the photographer and just the crowd's reaction towards what President Obama was saying at the time.

Well, just look at it. I think it really captures the moment with all the seriousness and grandness of the situation. ;) You can move the view by holding the left hand button of the mouse and move it around. For people who can tell who is who, there is the answer to number three!

6 comments:

Patrick Huynh said...

That is absolutely amazing. Technology these days just gets better and better.

Lily said...

That wasn't the point of the panorama although I do agree. Look at the positions of the people. ;) I like how President Obama seems to be on a lower level than everyone else and that people surround him on all sides. It kind of reminds me that the people are in charge. Its different from like a stage where the main actors would be on the top level so everyone can watch from the bottom. Maybe I am just overthinking it and that was the best way to save space.

PH(OE)BE said...

So cool!! Maybe it's just me, but, I didn't catch many out of the ordinary "expressions" and I can't really tell the crowd's reaction. I did see that one photographer's mug face.

Andrew said...

To me, it's just another photo of Obama. Sure it's patriotic, but I'm getting tired of Obama's publicity already. Yes, I'm jealous, so get over it.

Lily Y said...

Personally, I was more intrested in how the room looks. ;p Very fancy.

Serena said...

This is so awesome! I like the fact that by really focusing in on the camera, I can more clearly read the people's expressions. Something which I have not been able to notice before. Especially when all these things are happening all at once, it's hard to notice everything.