Friday, January 22, 2010

Daily Show v. Olbermann

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
/aSpecial Comment - Keith Olbermann's Name-Calling
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


I agree with Stewart that Olbermann's early years were far less bitter and ridiculous. The "One thousand, one-hundred and thirteenth day since "Mission Accomplished in Iraq" bit, day after day, was very effective as well as an essential truth. Now, he's a clown. What a shame. He was one of the all-time greatest sports anchors, bringing wit and savvy analysis as one of the pioneering SportCenter crew.

2 comments:

Ari said...

I sincerely agree. The best part is when he comments that Brown failed to refute the guy who shouted "We should shove a curling iron up Martha Coakley's butt." I mean, you can't find a more obvious attempt to disparage a political figure than that wild, absurd stab. In my books, this is evidence of the increasing trend of people loving and catering to partisan polarization, even if it languishes in the ridiculous like this does.

Andrew said...

I remember him on SportsCenter, actually. Good times.

I've only watched Olbermann once and I couldn't get a strong flavor for him, so I can't comment too much.