Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Obama Vows ‘Pressure’ as Al-Qaeda Says it Planned Plane Attack

Following up the previous posts by other students, the terrorist attempt on Christmas Day interrupted President Obama's ten-day vacation in Hawaii.

He proclaims that he will "'keep up the pressure' on terrorist groups intent on attacking Americans" while trying to figure out ways to up the security for people boarding aircrafts in order to prevent future attempts.

I suppose part of me would like to commend our president on being able to take this event as a learning experience, as life is generally a learning experience, and is trying to determine what needs problem-shooting and how to improve what needs improving. I felt that for being disturbed from a relaxing vacation with his family during the holidays, he handled the issue as a president should and spoke words with confidence so as to keep the morale and confidence of his people up.

Personally, I would've been... grumpy to say the least. Then again, I suppose that's why I'm not president. Haha, if I were... let's not go that route...

For more, click.

-Annie Yang

No comments: