Friday, December 4, 2009

Where is our unemployment drop?

Hello again,as the week draws to a close Washington reports a heart ((and by heart I mean job)) warming "Story".In the article I choose today Washington is said to have a .2 drop in unemployment this is very good for the peoples morale more then anything else. and what I mean by that is an unexpected .2 drop makes people think "Hey were(the economy) getting better" I personally believe this unexpected .2 drop is very good and a sign to tell people just keep going. Hey California, can we have a sudden unexpected drop in unemployment? It'd be really nice.While this "Respite" as the post may call it may be temporary I believe,maybe over optimistically,that the unemployment rate will stay the same if you are given a little bit of hope.Hopefully California will get one of these drops.


Anyhow That is all for me See you all tomorrow
Tim Dyer
P.S.
To all who know:Lost the game

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

though I do think that a .2 percent drop in unemployment is encouraging, I do not think people should get overly excited. fluctuations in employment rates occur, whether a country is in a recession or not. what i am curious about, is how this drop in unemployment came about. right now I'm thinking that maybe it is due to the holiday season and the fact that many stores opt to hire a few more helping hands during the holidays. if this theory of mine holds true, we should see a .2 increase in unemployment once the holiday season is over. time will only tell for my idea, but I also wonder what other people think are the reasons for this drop?

YueLiang said...

I can agree with Tim's point about if the population gains some hope and belief that the economy is getting better, it may stay that way or even get better than it is now, the realist in me wants to agree with Sabrina and the point that it is now closing in on the holiday season, which normally brings about an annual drop in unemployment while stores nationwide are looking for PART-TIME employees. I only hope that through the holiday season, there will be better sales than what we saw on Black Friday and this will hopefully spur the economy into a more positive 2010.

-Annie Yang