Thursday, December 3, 2009

And suddenly the sales rise drops.

Hey guys so today I was searching for something to blog about and I found this article about how Retailers reported a surprise drop in November sales. I personally found this off setting considering my post yesterday on how stocks and so forth are increaseing. In the artical it says retailers reported a 0.3 decrease in sales, and while to us 0.3 percent decreas isnt that bad when it comes on top of a free fall that had come out last november it is quite worrisome to retailers atleast. also later on in the article it says that the retailers are going to have to offer even more discount which as I learned in econ is good for us but if it goes on to long it turns deadly.



Wow that's depressing right after a post about stocks increasing and slowly recovering
Anyways I am off for now see you all tomorrow ((Maybe tonight if I find an interesting article))
Tim Dyer

2 comments:

nick c said...

I find that worrisome as well but it can't be helped, people are still a bit skeptical of the economy and all. The stocks may increase but who says that that in turn makes people want to spend more?

Corinne Umali said...

This is a bit disappointing but at the same time you can't really expect the whole economy to improve at once. The possible increasing discounts part is a bit scary though because of the whole spiraling downward effect..