Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ted kennedy!

So about a month ago Ted Kennedy tragically pasted away. And again just like th rest of the kennedy's the funeral was HUGE and memories were shared through out the nation. lossing another Kennedy in the United States plays a great role and it will stay in our hearts (and teztbooks) forever. Yes this assasination was very sad and his memories will lie in my heart forever and I give my blessings out to the Kennedy family. Many believe that his death was a sad moment ,but to me I feel happy he is in a better place now. Suffering from cancer, he no longer has to. the pains of life are gona and now he can live in peace, and I believe that this should be considered in any loss for anyone. On 60 minutes his llife was shared on several different videos (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/60minutes/politics/) and it is nice to know that just sharing memories and having laughs in the end is all that matter. I know alot of you are probably thinking how random! But I just got back from a funeral and thought this was a great topic to discuss. I have seen so many shed tears and believe that this is not the way to be at someones death. Yes it is tragic but we do have to remeber the benefits they are having now thast they are gone , and seeing Teds death and the celebrations they did have (excluding the tears) I believe everyone should honer peoples death like this.

3 comments:

PH(OE)BE said...

"Yes this assasination was very sad and his memories will lie in my heart forever and I give my blessings out to the Kennedy family"

Just to clarify, Ted Kennedy was not assassinated. He died of brain cancer in his home.

Justine Roscoe said...

Ted Kennedy's death was heartbreaking! I agree with Sabina that people's death's should not be sad experiences it is more of a time to celebrate their lives and to remember all the good times. Loved ones do not like to see us sad and would much rather see us happy. It is normal to cry but they should be tears of pride that you got to spend the time you did. It's not an easy thing to do, but it makes loosing someone a lot easier. This blog spot had a nice article that covered Ted Kennedy's funeral and has a video of his son Patrick Kennedy talking about him, and giving a nice remembrance of him. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/29/ted-kennedys-funeral-cove_n_271896.html


Justine Roscoe

Rachel Marcus said...

I agree that his death is very sad ... its tragic how many lives cancer claims each year. And while I know that this the following comment isn't in the spirit of the post, I thought I'd share any way because I happened to learn about it 2 days ago as I was trying to write "bad luck" questions for our election game board and was totally shocked. Anyway, Ted Kennedy was driving home from a party one night when he was young, and he had a woman in the passenger seat. He drove off a bridge on the way home from the party, and the woman drowned. He left the scene, but I was unclear as to whether he meant to hide the crime or not. Then he went on to be elected to public office. Anyway, I am by no means saying that he was a bad person. How he died was awful and I'm sure he did not deserve it. I just wanted to share something I recently learned.