Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The sh*t that's considered news...

HAHAHAHA. So as I am looking around the internet from something interesting to blog about, I come across this video on the front page of Yahoo! Apparently some couple in Northern England is very angry that their wedding photographer/videographer did not capture their special day properly because in the majority of the photos, everyone's head is cut off or slightly cut off. Personally I think they should've hired a better photographer but maybe that's just me. I understand that they're upset, but does this really have to be front page news? I don't think so. Anyway, just thought this was amusing so i decided to share it with all of you. I am now going to look for some actual news to blog about..

10 comments:

Omid Dastgheib said...

Hey Catherine, I completely agree. There is no reason for this kind of junk to be front-page news. However, it does add a little humor to a world that is full of not-so-humorous stuff.

Mei Mei Or said...

I have noticed the same exact thing! Lately, Yahoo! has become "featuring" the most random, and pointless news articles and videos. Once in a while I come across something interesting, But it has become full of articles on the next best diet, and videos that you would find popular on youtube.

prestonchan said...

I've noticed it too!
Right now on yahoo, the featured news are how to get flat abs and eight habits that wreck relationships. What has news turned into?

Amanda Rosas said...

Oh my god i would be sooo mad. well this is pretty much there fault. the shouldnt have been cheepos and spens a few more bucks on a better photogropher.

Tim dyer said...

I seriously just laughed when I read that post,mainly becuase that fail got front page news, well I guess people who complain alot make front page news.

Lily Y said...

Maybe that's why Google makes more money. (; No useless ads.

Francis Wang said...

... Yahoo! or Yahoo! News?

devin_yan said...

I don't really check these little things out, but are they really on the front pages?? haha.

I agree with omid, although it does not belong on the front page, it does add humor to the news thats filled with depressing images.

Hen to the Ry said...

I also think that this is pretty random, but it's not like this is something new. Yahoo also posted that some policemen were playing Wii on duty, which isn't exactly the top issue in the country (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_odd_video_game_police).
I think yahoo is just trying to attract readers.

- Henry Zhang

Lily Y said...

Well it makes sense though. Taking into account that diet books and cooking books are top sellers throughout the United States, its no wonder why they would resort to putting news articles that draw in people rather than lose them to other websites. It's sad but.. what can they do? People would rather not read something about genocide, the growing rates of swine flu, and all that good stuff. ;(