Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Matchmakers: Who's on your list?

Matchmakers have come out at Aragon just in time for Valentine's Day and everyone seems to be having fun with them. In case you don't already know, AVID had everyone at school fill out a questionnaire about our personalities and what we like in other people and our answers were matched together with other students. Students are buying the results during lunch for $2.00 with the profits going to AVID. Now that the results are in, people are certainly entertaining themselves with these things, as far as I can tell.

So, is anyone willing to share the scoop on their matchmaker list? Any shocking surprises? Unexpected omissions? Disappointments about who was and wasn't on your list? No need to be specific by using names, unless you want to try to start a little something-something in the comments section. And what about these matchmakers, anyway? Is there any truth or legitimacy to them at all, or are they just a fun, silly thing that doesn't mean anything in the end? Are they really worth the $2.00, or are you better off saving that money and spending it on some frozen yogurt?

6 comments:

Jesvin Chandy said...

The turmoil in Egypt is certainly escalating as we speak. Will Mubarak actually step down as he promised, or will the military take over? What about the Muslim Brotherhood? These issues are certainly pertinent and I am glad we are talking about them.

Jesvin Chandy said...

I mean, my compatible friend is Aaron Oppenheim.

Chris Engelmann said...

I also think that these issues are quite important as well. In my opinion I view that Will Mubarak will eventually step down due to the the huge protests that I am assure we are all aware of. My only question is will it ultimately be for the greater good of Egypt. Oh and Jeff in my most "compatible friend"

Ariana Sacchi said...

I think the matchmaker thing is a fun thing and I really enjoyed mine this year. I've participated in this survey for the past 3 years, and I have had fun with the results I've gotten. Some of them are hilarious and some I just couldn't believe were on my list. I think it is worth $2.00 because it allows us high school seniors to disconnect from our academic routine and have a little fun with an interesting survey that matches us with other classmates.
As to my results, I will be scanning my matchmaker and posting it on Facebook if you guys wanna check it out! :)

Cris Madrigal said...

Didn't buy it, yay, waste of money to be honest. How scientific could those things be, there just used for people to feel good about themselves that "someone" cares about them in a romantic way.

Rashmi said...

I don't think that people really think that the people on their lists really care about them in a romantic way. Most people just buy them for fun.