Monday, December 13, 2010

Race to the playoffs!

It's that time of year again, it's way past mid season, and it's now time for the hunt of the NFL playoffs to begin. It truly has been an interesting season for all teams in the league, and there's only a few or possibly even one team that stands out as the dominator. The New England Patriots have definitely proven to be the leader of their division with an impressive 11-2 record and their star quarterback, Tom Brady. Don't forget the dangerous Atlanta Falcons who also have an 11-2 record and leader in their division with a brutal offense and Matt Ryan, one of the league's best quarterbacks. Lastly, and with no surprise, the Pittsburgh Steelers have been marching their way to wins and have won 4 of their last 5 games. It surprises me however, that teams that shined last year such as the Indianapolis Colts and Minnesota Vikings have been a mere disappointment so far. Maybe Manning and Favre are just getting old and slowly losing it. I'm also upset that the Bay Area teams have not been living up to high expectations that were expected in the season. Well, it'll be exciting to see what teams will prevail in the end, and in my opinion, I think we will see a Patriots and Steelers Super Bowl in the future. What do you guys predict?

6 comments:

Joseph Hala'ufia said...

This has been quite the season with so many ups and downs for many teams. I mean I thought the New York Jets were supposedly dominating the AFC until these past couple weeks where the Patriots have just come out of nowhere and appear to be returning to their mid-2000s form, I'm sure much to the chagrin of the rest of the NFL. That will be a heck of a game should the Patriots and Steelers meet in the AFC Championship, and it will probably be in the snow! Also, our beloved 49ers and that other team across the Bay both have outside shots of making the playoffs which isn't bad I guess. The 49ers could help themselves and the Raiders this weekend with a win against the Chargers. Does anyone else think its crazy that, potentially, a team with a sub-.500 record (i.e. winner of the NFC West) could make the playoffs? Moreover, do you think they deserve to?

Rosslee Mamis said...

Honestly I can't decide if I'm enjoying this season or not. There has been so much parity that I think this graphic I saw sums up the best http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/A-demonstration-of-NFL-parity-in-one-handy-circ?urn=nfl-288589 Anyways I do really enjoy that the new scheduling this year means that the last two weeks are almost all division games and therefore nothing is set in stone yet. I mean it looks like we are going to get two extra weeks of the playoffs.

Cris Madrigal said...

Eagles will win it all. Michael Vick is the most explosive QB in the league and he reminds me of Cam Newton (Running and Passing TD's). They put a ridiculous amount of points on the board and Michael Vick has a passer rating of above 100+
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=phi
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=NE

Compare NE and PHI Up there ^^.

John Albert said...

NO. the New york Jets are going to enter the playoffs with a low seed and climb over each opponent. Eventually crushing anyone who steps into the super Bowl with them, I am kidding, but I would not bet against the Jets going all the way this year. Sophomore quarterback Mark Sanchez is getting better and better at an exponential rate. By the time the AFC championship game rolls around I think he will be as calm and composed as a Peyton Manning or Joe Montana. Watch out for my Jets, they are going to come from the dark and get the Vincent Lombardi trophy...

Chris Engelmann said...

I could see the Eagles and the Patriots both teams are really good and they both have very strong QBs but in the end my money is on the Patriots even though I would like to see the Eagles win. Oh I just gotta say the our division (49ers) sucks! I can't believe that a team under five hundred can make it to the play-offs. Don't get me wrong I want to see the 49ers in the playoffs but come on they are going to get KILLED if they are the team who out of that division who ends up in the playoffs.

raymond94010 said...

Man... i am not feeling alex smith.. we need a new QB for the niners. He's still struggling too much to be efficient with the ball if we're aiming to make playoffs.

-Raymond Lim