Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards Passes Away


This truly came as a shock to me. Elizabeth Edwards, most notable for being the ex- wife of presidential candidate and former North Carolina senator John Edwards, died at the age of 61 after a difficult battle with breast cancer. I had just read an article last night about how Edward's cancer had spread, but I certainly did not expect her to go this quickly. Despite her husband's affair and terminal cancer, Edwards battled it out optimistically and stated "I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces, my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope, These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered."
Condolences to her family as well; she survives her daughters Cate and Emma Claire and son Jack who are respectively 28, 12, and 10.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's scary how fast people in your lives can be gone so quickly. Best wishes to her family. I lost my grandmother to cancer and it's just such a horrible disease. Personally, I think it is really important to live your life to the fullest.

Cris Madrigal said...

Yesturday they reported that she just got off Chemo and she would live for Weeks. And then she dies today, what fail news reporting. It's sad that shes had so much to deal with in her later stages of life, (John Edwards Affair.)

michelleyu said...

@Cris
Yea, I just read an article last night saying that too.... it's really sad to see what it eventually came down to. And as Erica stated, you just have to live life to your fullest, because there really is no fool proof method of predicting how long you'll live and you'll just never know when it'll be gone.

raymond94010 said...

Tomorrow looks promising but it is never guarenteed.

Rest in Peace.
Peace and Love to those who have lost and are fighting a battle with cancer.

-Raymond Lim