Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Racist Western Zionists Plot to Control Olympics: Be Scared!

London 2012 Olympics logo = File:Flag of Israel.svg

Isn't it obvious
?

After England finally got around to choosing a proper symbol for London's 2012 Olympics, it appears that it is not as innocuous as planned. Iran is now claiming that the symbol clearly says "Zion" and is inherently racist. If the symbol is not removed, Iran warns that it will boycott the Olympics and encourage others to follow suit. In response, the International Olympic Committee said the following: "The London 2012 logo represents the figure 2012". I find it pretty funny that this logo has been around since 2007 and no one had objected to it until now.

What do you guys think? Is the symbol racist? I see the "Z" and the "O", but the "N" is kind of a stretch. Do you think that Iran will follow up on it's boycott threats, and more importantly, should we even care?

6 comments:

Aaron Oppenheim said...

Well gee whiz that sucks for Iran. Cry me a river.

Alexia Carrasco said...

I saw this on yahoo a few days ago. An I thought about it, trying to see from Iran's point of view, how they write their words,and it took a long time for myself to be convinced that it looks slightly how they write.

However, I also see the 2012 and I think there should be no reason for anyone to boycott it just because one country sees it differently.

And to Jeff's question, i think they only care now because the Middle East is having so much tension they are trying to yank at anything they can find, slightly reasonable to attack.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad Bolanos said...

Eh, the picture looks really ugly to me anyways. And I don't even see it saying "Zion." So I can't really see how the symbol is racist. I think that Iran is just bluffing that they will boycott the Olympics. I think they should forget about it. I don't really think that we should be concerned and that no one will follow them. But I still think England should change the picture because I still think it looks really ugly...

Anjana Amirapu said...

When you say Iran do you mean Ahmadinejad? Because he is the only one stupid enough to say that.

Sometimes I think, he is the zionist :P.

Jeff Ware said...

I do mean the Government of Iran (aka Ahmadinejad). I don't think the people of Iran feel very offended by this, but that's just speculation.