Thursday, March 24, 2011

Large Fire at Miami International Airport!

Apparently, a large fire was blazing at the airport. It is not reported what the source of fuel was but it wasn't a plane. I would assume its one of the large gas tanks that there. My father told me it was approximately 4 stories high! This is definitely a ridiculous event that happened and unexpected. I wonder who was the person to cause this because if he wasn't on fire, he will be fired! hahaha

In all seriousness though, this fire caused a huge disruption on the airport industry. Miami Airport is a large HUB for American airlines. It is where many flights go before they take passengers to South America. Many airplanes take freight mail to and from South America as well. It was reported that 83 flights were affected in one day. If you do the math, each flight could hold an average of 140 passengers ( depending on what plane; some hold 100 some hold 150) and times that by 83. Well that is just the passengers! Now think about the mail that is not being delivered in the belly of the planes!

How do you think this will affect the economy?

What do you think about this?

I personally wonder if this will affect the weather. There is a big event going on this weekend called Ultra Music Festival so if it does effect the weather it could directly affect the rave that is three days long. I just thought everyone should know! check it out!

Have a great day! I hope it is better than mine cause I am sick!

2 comments:

Ariana Sacchi said...

Wow! This sounds like it was really bad. I just hope no one got hurt because of this incident and that the mail is delivered where it needs to be delivered, as well as the passangers traveling to get to places. I hope that the economy is not affected by this, and if so, not too much and not in a such a negative way because the economy really needs to improve and prosper. I hope that things go back to normal at this airport because people need to get to places and mail needs to get to different parts of the nation.

Vernon Wong said...

That sucks, the delay must have really hurt a lot of peoples scheduals and plans, the airports also. I hope that no one got hurt but if this was an acident i understand, stuff happens but if this was intentional I hope that person gets the punishment he deserves. Feel better dude.