Sunday, January 9, 2011

Verizon iPhone!



Apple’s iPhone has been available for AT&T users since its release in 2007, but now it will be available to Verizon Wireless users at the end of the month. A formal announcement will be made on Tuesday in New York City. This is expected to raise Apple’s sales by a significant margin, which is much needed because of the iPhone’s rival, Google’s Android. The availability of the iPhone for AT&T and Verizon puts increased sales pressure on other smaller phone companies (such as Sprint and T-Mobile).
I personally don’t own an iPhone and Verizon is not my carrier, but I like Apple products in general and am interested in how this will affect the Android phone. Are there any Verizon users out there who are considering buying the iPhone once it becomes available? What does everyone think about iPhone, Apple, AT&T, Verizon, and/or smartphones in general? A friend of mine in college recommended that I buy a smartphone for college because it is very useful, but has anyone heard similar advice?
(To anyone who reads the article – do you find it funny that the source was “a person familiar with the matter?” I just thought it was a funny way to go “on background.”)

2 comments:

Manny said...

I've personally owned an iphone for quite a while now. it is amazing...BUT ATT's service does pull it down. It creates the whole image of a man wearing a very expensive business suit driving a mini scooter. The phone has so much potential but its service brings it down. So i've also always wondered why apple sells its phones to ATT? I've thought to myself that well, out of all the other phone companies, ATT probably places as the top bidder for the phone considering they don't spend enough money to increase their service area. But it still doesn't make until this post (iphone's release to Verizon) why apple hasn't opened to other carriers as it obviously would make more money for the company.

Anonymous said...

I personally do not own an iphone. While Verizon is my provider, I have no interest in switching to the Iphone. This is because I feel like all of apples latest products are all too similar, from the Itouch to the Iphone to the Ipad. They basically all do the same thing. In addition, I think this will hurt AT&T because they do not have a very good service reputation. We are constantly hearing about flaws and calls being dropped.