Friday, October 24, 2008

"You can vote however you like"

Here's a awesome clip of some students singing and dancing to a song about the presidential election. What made me want to post this is that the song is not just about one candidate-it's about both! You'll find that out immediately after you watch it. (Obama on the left..McCain on the right..yeah yeah~) It's very catchy, check it out.

Click here for video and lyrics.

This performance sends a great message by encouraging people to go out there and vote however they like, no matter what party they may be in. I'm proud of whoever made this song for attempting to show a debate between both sides and that politics doesn't always have to be so nasty.

3 comments:

Jeff Yeh said...

Haha it IS very catchy. Especially the chorus...

I had trouble following the lyrics, but maybe I'm just reading it wrong...?

I think that this video/song really does show a better part of America. There really is too much pressure to vote for certain candidates these days and these children really show that we have the potential to get along regardless of what candidate we support. There is so much evidence of disunity within our nation...ranging from gay rights, abortion, foreign policy, the economy, and well... just about everything. Maybe this video is like a sign that we're not exactly doomed as a nation. Like you said, definitely a great video and a great message.

Kate Lin said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

They are adorable.

The song is catchy. It is now officially stuck in my head.

Obama on the left
McCain on the right
We can talk politics all night
And you can vote however you like

Thanks, Moeka, for bringing a slice of joy to my life.

I agree, I like that it's two-sided, which is very welcome amongst all the hostile comments directed at the opposing campaigns.

Moeka Takagi said...

You are very welcome, Kate. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. =]

It definitely is a great song and the first that I have seen with both the Dem. and Rep. party involved. I've only seen these "election" songs sung by children, who sing for one particular candidate that their parents probably approve of. I guess that just shows conformity (aka brainwashing) and I just feel that the people who wrote this particular song were pretty open-minded to not make the kids sing a song that promotes just one side.