Friday, October 10, 2008

Fundamentals

I found Tuesday's debate to be fairly interesting. With the economy as the number one hazard, McCain was surprisingly short on his answers economics, instead trying to distance his beliefs from those of Obama's and criticizing the Illinois Senator about his policies, rather than specifying his own. in the debate, the Senator from Arizona said that he "knows" how to fix problems like the economy, Bin Laden, crisises more than 7 times, but only twice did he actually bother to tell us "how" he would actually do what he said he would do. The alleged "King of the Town Hall" was also defeated soundly by Obama on most of the policies. If America does indeed vote for McCain... I will almost definitely be moving to Canada.

2 comments:

Aimee Gavette said...

Im afraid I do not agree that the debate was "interesting". I don't think I heard anything come out of either of their mouths that they haven't said at least a dozen times before. Allthough I did hear something from McCain that I hadn't heard before, maybe i just wasn't paying attention. I hadn't realized that McCain thinks that nuclear energy is the answer to our energy crisis. That is possibly the most hanus thing I have ever heard. So if McCain is elected, and you do move to Canada, maybe we will be neighbors, becuase we are all going to have to move because there won't be any room for people to live because of all the nuclear waste left over from this supposedly "clean" energy source.

Albert A said...

Well, i do agree with G Chang. I found the debate to be interesting. It was obvious that Obama went to the debate to take a more agressive stand against McCain. McCain was agressive and sarcastic. At the end of the debate, he did not even shake Senator Obama's hand. Senator Obama also seemed more prepared for the foreign policy part of the debate.