Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Palin, Biden On Roe V. Wade

I thought that Joe Biden handled himself very well in the interview and responded well to the questions. It made me feel confident in him because he knew specific facts about Roe v. Wade. Sarah Palin, on the other hand, seemed unprepared for the interview in my opinion. When asked "What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?" she couldn't name any. I also thought that Couric did a pretty good job of making Sarah Palin look pretty dumb after Sarah Palin declared she was pro-life.
Couric
: Do you think there's an inherent right to privacy in the Constitution?
Palin: I do. Yeah, I do.
Couric: The cornerstone of Roe v. Wade.
This wasn't the worst interview for Sarah Palin, but i thought she looked really meek in comparison with Biden. I wonder how the VP debate is going to turn out.

P.S. I know this is kinda mean, but I can't help but laugh when Couric gives Palin those blank stares in the interview (like at 2:22).

2 comments:

Chris said...

This entire interview was a disaster. Plain and simple, and I've suddenly went from despising the sassy, inexperienced puppet, to feeling sorry for her.
I can't wait for the debates, and have a fear she will fare better becuase the questions may not be as direct.
I say bring it on, Obama 08

P.S. CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR SOME MROE POLITICAL CHATTER

http://wakeupamericavoteobama.blogspot.com/

Jeff Yeh said...

"I believe that a culture of life is very important for this country"

What... is that really supposed to mean? But anyways.. I've got to say that Biden handled that interview so much better that Palin did. She just completely evaded the question of other Supreme Court decisions and responded in such a vague way... It seems pretty clear that she was either just unprepared or maybe she really didn't know of any other cases that she disagreed with... She really isn't too great when being interviewed. Not quite as bad as her response to the Bush doctrine as she managed to not completely mess up but still....

And i agree that the blank looks from Couric are amusing :D