Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our Government's Inability to Play Nice

"Congress brawls, your 401k fails". Think about it. When was the last time Congress was able to get something passed and have that bill perform to its fullest intention. Today, the problem is not with having one political group, as the founding fathers feared. It is that the current ones cannot do anything without having at least a partial shut down of the government. All they can do is compromise and have bills that do not work to the fullest potential. I don't know whether this is from their lack of learning of sharing is caring as a child, or from their attempt at saving face. Either way, it is hurting the governemnt, it is hurting the economy, and therefore it is hurting me. With elections coming up and myself turning eighteen, I think that I will vote for the person who seems the most likely to fix this inability to shake hands. Else we will have to hope that someone logical comes around and is as good a speech giver as Carter was. Don't forget that people will have to listen with an open mind too.

2 comments:

PatrickG said...

I am going to have to agree with you Billy. I believe that it is more of a "I am from the ---- party so therefore I can't let the ----- party win" thing. If this is true (which is highly possible) than that is so depressing I can't put it into words. Our country is founded on the idea that we should all work together to govern for the good of the people as a whole. Regrettably, politics seems to have forgotten this and is thinking more along the lines of "how can I hold onto power a little longer." It's not right but unless someone in the government finally realizes that if everyone chooses Y that we all win, I think were going to continue to see a verbal brawl every time Congress tries to pass another mediocre bill into law.

Rebecca Wysong said...

I am going to have to agree with the commment above and the blog post. I think that our government inability for bipartisanship is the reason why our government can not seem to get things, such as passing a budget plan before the last minute, without a huge grand debate and debacle. We need to find a way for politics to be more partisan and less about what party is what.