Monday, October 3, 2011

Obama's Jobs Act, Is It Worth It

"The American tax payer will have to pay 200,000$ per job." Where will the money come from? Is this a long term solution? What will the jobs be doing? For instance, the US Postal Service I think is over staffed. With less mail they should be retasked to do other jobs that help the economy instead of just sitting in the post office with those frowns on their faces. Also Timothy Geitner answers the question "is it worth it" with "consider the alternative". As I said earlier, the government needs to stop passing and attempting to pass broken bills that seem to be the best of a bunch of bad bills. Also, the video in the link : http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/geithner-good-chance-jobs-act-pass/story?id=14609951
goes over how our state outsourced anyways, even after Obama said everything possible
should be "made in America". They should start with that all government parts have
to use only American parts unless shown that they need to outsource.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that a big part of creating more jobs is to stop outsourcing, but I don't see how businesses would stop that. I don't think you can just have a majority of the outsourcing stop. Those who stop outsourcing might get really bitter about how they are making less profit than those who are still outsourcing. Then they'll just feel like, "they're gaining more than me, so what's the point? I might as well do it too." Not to be super cynnical, but I'm not sure that most businesses would sacrifice profit to create more jobs for the people.