Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Intense Diplomacy"

United Nations...so how effective are they exactly? Rwanda. The Cold War. Darfur. ???
Anyway supposedly Mr. Ban, that is Ban Ki-moon the secretary general, is meeting with regional leaders to have a very important meeting.
Egypt and its own leaders are also trying to work out the ceasefire and the Hamas have been talked to by Egyptian and Arab leaders.

I don't know...I always feel more at peace when I know that the United Nation is involved with any big conflict because in my mind they represent...well peace...shelter and comfort.
But now that I reflect on it and scenes from Hotel Rwanda come to mind I feel that they don't do much. That might be a lil far fetched...they DO help a lot, but you all know what I mean.

SO! Do you guys think the UN will have significant impact on the unrest involving the Gaza Strip?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7829912.stm

1 comment:

David said...

The UN reminds me of the Articles of Confederation. It seems to me they just haven't gotten it to a place where it does it's job yet. I bet in the future, kids will read about the old kinda crappy UN and how the new one was created...