Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Wrote the Constitution


Here's something surprising....NOT! Americans abusing the flexibility and vagueness of the Constitution to fit their own selfish needs. An article on Fox news says gun enthusiasts are now molesting the wording of the Second Amendment to make it read that every American is actually GUARANTEED the individual right to own a gun.

Isn't that cute?
Hi! Welcome to America! Privacy? An honest government? Of course not! But you can have your own gun (: Yes, yes, this country hasn't gone downhill or lost its moral and ethical compass at all. In fact, I was thinking, guys. That whole freedom of speech and press thing...I was thinking that, I could use my freedom of speech to tell you all that your opinion doesn't matter and that I call the shots now. Oh, what? That's a dictatorship? That violates your Constitutional rights? Really? Because it's right in line with mine...

See the dilemma?

Look, I'm all for being whatever. Gun enthusiasts get excited about guns, just like I get excited about Ed Westwick and Chinese food. Whatever. I'm not judging gun enthusiasts for wanting to be able to shoot stuff (just kidding, I totally am. Calm down over there, Jim Bequette). However, I am judging those who manipulate the Constitution and the written rights of others to match their own SELFISH idea of the American dream. YOU PEOPLE. I AM JUDGING YOU HARD. There's a special place in hell for you guys, and it's right next to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/25/senate-website-gets-2nd-amendment-wrong-critics-say/

1 comment:

Brianne Felsher said...

Isn't it sad that this argument is not surprising?
Can you pick and choose which rights that you uphold? I suppose to some extent. Freedom does not mean that you have the right to take a life. Which is what guns can do... but they can also be used to hunt. I don't know. We aren't going to be able to take away people's guns anytime soon.
Have you seen this? http://momsdemandaction.org/in-the-news/choose-one-little-red-riding-hood-or-an-assault-weapon/
It's a campaign depicting one child holding "dangerous materials" such as banned books and another child holding a gun. It's a terrible irony, worthy of any English class. I suppose they do say the pen is mightier than the sword (and therefore the gun?)... Red Riding Hood. Very dangerous material.