Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun Fact

Just a fun fact: Today I realized that US Presidential elections always coincide with the Summer Olympics!

Plus I thought that this was an interesting piece of news:
The First Summer Youth Olympic Games will be held in 2010 (not an election year) in Singapore. It was announced a year ago, but I just found out about it today, and I don't know if it's something that I just missed, or if it's something that a lot of people don't know about. The Youth Olympic Games (YOG for short) are meant to bring together the world's best young athletes, aged 14-18... which is kind of funny since many of the participants in the Olympics this last summer were in that age group. The purpose is to prepare these young people for participation in the actual Summer Olympics in the future.

I thought that this was really cool... but there is only one problem. Nothing makes me feel more like a bum than when I see people of my own age (and younger) set world records, make history, and win gold medals. I can only wish I was talented enough to do the same!

No comments: