Many webmasters complained that the change negatively affected their web traffic and their business. However, I don't see the big deal. If they want revenue, they should generate better content so that people want to come, rather than make Google feed them. Quality talks; trying to game the system through "search engine optimization" is just cheating, and I'm glad Google tries to fight it.
Monday Night Open Thread
1 hour ago
2 comments:
The side by side comparisons so far look good according to many websites. Hopefully, these new results will start to become more useful. Content farms have become a major problem on the web, occupying valuable front page results, for something that is not so important. It is nice to see search engines starting to move in a more effective direction regarding these new content farms. Google and other search engines are only going to have to keep improving results especially after Google's Instant Search debuted.
I can see the obvious reasons why the content farms are upset, but I agree with Anthony and Jonathan and commend Google for trying to fight them. This would be outrageous and suspicious if the U.S. government was trying to regulate search results (*cough China cough*), but I think Google as a company is sincerely doing what it thinks is best for its users, and I don't think the U.S. government would ever come down to that.
Post a Comment